|From Family, Friends and Food|
I played around with some ingredient changes - swapped out applesauce for the melted butter and egg substitute for the egg. The bread came out so nice and moist. Each slice had bits of strawberry in it that added just the right amount of color and burst of berry goodness.
Check out these muffins, I just have to convince My Oldest that muffins are just as good (if not better) than a slice of bread.
Cooking with Christine - Orange Honey Muffins
Sophistimom - Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
No Fear Entertaining -Chocolate Banana Muffins
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 3 6-inch loaf pans by spraying with cooking spray.
- Combine bananas through egg substitute in a bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Combine all-purpose flour through cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the banana mixture, then stir until just combined. Add strawberries and stir to ensure they are all coated with the flour mixture. Next, pour in the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 40-45 minutes - or until the top is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched. Allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing.