Game Day Appetizer - Buffalo Chicken Dip
Looking for a crowd-pleasing game day appetizer? This Buffalo Chicken Dip will have everyone begging for more!
I hear there is a big game coming up soon, which means everyone will be wanting to indulge in a Sunday night party with friends to enjoy some funny commercials and what should be a great half time show! Oh, yeah... there is the game as well. The game is being held in New Jersey this year (for those who don't know, the stadium for both NY teams is located in NJ), so we've been seeing Super Bowl merchandise for months now... plates, cups, t-shirts... pretty much anything you can imagine that says NY/NJ Super Bowl XLVII can be found in almost every store I walk into these days.
While my hometown team didn't make as far as I would have liked, they had an amazing season! Go Chiefs! I'm hoping that next year they will be able to take it farther. Fingers crossed!
Regardless of who you will be rooting for on February 2nd - the Seattle Seahawks or the Denver Broncos - make sure that you have plenty of Game Day munchies ready for the crowd.
I had this dip when we had a crowd over for a previous Super Bowl party. I had been hesitant to try it since I do enjoy some spicy heat, I'm not crazy about burning off my tastebuds for the duration. The flavor in this dip is a fantastic compromise and even My Boys enjoy it.
It's perfect served with a sturdy chip or if you are being virtuous, add some carrot sticks and celery for dipping as well.
The prep time is next to zero... seriously, I had it all put together within 5 minutes and then heated it in the oven for about 20 minutes and it was piping hot and ready to serve!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20-22 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank's REDHOT Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 12.5 ounces chunk chicken in water
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, Buffalo wings sauce and Ranch dressing in a bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the chicken, cheddar cheese and scallions and blend about 1 minute.
- Add to a 9-inch pie dish or a 1 quart baking dish and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until piping hot.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.