Last weekend was one of those rare weekends where we didn't have plans each and every moment of the day, so rather than make it a big gathering we kept it simple and it was just us. I look forward to those meals on the weekends where it is just us and we can kick back and enjoy ourselves at our own pace.
We started with the Skillet Pasta & Beef Dinner. This is a quick and easy meal to throw together, and it is seriously on the table within 30 minutes. My only complaint about the dish itself is that it really needs more seasoning. The recipe calls for Ragu pasta sauce, which is not one of our favorites and can use a bit of doctoring up to make it more flavorful. The dish itself has potential and I will tinker with it a bit next time I serve it. My Youngest gave it a big thumb's up so, I will have to give it a try again.
How do you get your family into the kitchen? What do you enjoy making together?
Note: The PR folks at Unilever sent me a gift card to purchase ingredients as well as several products that are produced by Unilever for review. I was not compensated for this post and have provided my honest opinion in this post.
Source: Fun Family Cooking (Unilever)
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 8 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups Breyer's All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of syrup into each of 4 glasses. Roll to coat bottom and sides. Finely chop 4 cookies; set aside.
- Quarter remaining cookies; place in blender. Add milk and ice cream; blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses; top with chopped cookies. Serve immediately.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.