Making the herbed butter was really so simple, that I don't know why I haven't tried it before! You just need to plan ahead so that the butter has time to get to room temperature - it has to be soft enough to work in the additional ingredients with a fork.
This was a huge hit with my family! The butter will keep in the fridge for about a week or so - if it lasts that long! So, next time you have a get-together planned make some of this herbed butter a few days ahead. Then, before your guests arrive pop the the crostini in the oven so your friends will be greeted with this savory appetizer when they enter your home.
Roasted Pancetta and Herb Butter Crostini
Adapted from : Diana Albanese
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into a small dice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced parsely
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 long French baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add pancetta and olive oil to a saute pan over medium heat. Saute until the pancetta begins to brown - about 5-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the room temperature butter in a bowl and add the shallots, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Using a fork, mix together until well blended. Add the pancetta and combine.
- Spread the butter on the sliced baguette and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5-8 minutes - until heated.