While this was not the easiest treat to assemble, they are pretty cute and the sweet, salty, chocolatey combo is something almost everyone will enjoy.
You need to use a small - I mean REALLY small - spoon to get the peanut butter inside the Bugles. Be sure to pick out the Bugles with the largest openings possible. This will make it a bit easier.
Once they are dipped in the melted chocolate, move quickly to sprinkle on the spooky sprinkles. It will take a bit of time for them to set-up, but you can place them in the freezer to move them along and get to the nibbling sooner.
Overall these were a huge hit with both boys! For more Halloween Treats - check out my previous posts.
Mini Wizard Hats
Source: Pillsbury - Easy Halloween #349
- 1 bag (7.5 oz) Bugles original flavor snacks
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Halloween sprinkles
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Using knife, fill each Bugles snack with peanut butter.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly. Using a fork, dip peanut butter-filled snacks, one at a time, into chocolate mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Let stand until chocolate is set. To quickly set chocolate, refrigerate 30 minutes. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container at room temperature.