- 2 cans of minced clams, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 7 ounces frozen shrimp, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 6-8 ounces fish fillet (either sole or flounder), baked and then flaked with a fork
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sherry (dry) or dry white wine
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- salt, pepper, garlic powder - to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Prepare sauce with margarine, flour and milk added to the clam juice (should make approximately 2 cups of liquid). Once the sauce is thickened, add the chopped shrimp, minced clams, flaked fish and seasonings. Add sherry (or wine) and cook for about 5 minutes longer.
- Fill each clam shell evenly and then top with bread crumbs and dot with pieces of butter. Broil for about 5-8 minutes - until browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
Note: This recipe will freeze well. Prepare the filling and put into clam shells and freeze - just be sure to let the clam shells come to room temperature before putting into a hot oven as they may crack. You could also freeze the seafood mixture in a bowl and then fill the clam shells when you are ready to bake them. Then, add the bread crumbs and butter just before baking.