Whenever I make a meat sauce, the leftovers frequently get served over pasta. I didn't want to do that this time, I wanted to make something fun for My Boys to eat. And, with a can of crescent rolls I came up with Sockarooni Bites!
Source: PatsyK Original
Prepare these bite-size puffs for an after school snack or a pre-dinner nibble when having friends over. They are full of flavor and would even make a fantastic meal if you made them a bit larger.
¼ pound of lean ground beef (80% or better)
2 ounces button mushrooms (or baby Portobello’s), sliced
1/2 cup Newman’s Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (package of 8)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place parchment paper on large cookie sheet and set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and break up with a spatula as it cooks. It should be broken up into small bits. Once completely cooked add mushrooms and cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, drain and put in a large bowl.
3. Add Sockarooni pasta sauce to the meat and mushrooms and stir to combine completely.
4. Separate the crescent rolls and place about 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture in the middle of one of the rectangles of pastry. Starting at the widest end, begin to fold up making sure to press the dough together to seal.
5. Place each crescent roll on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Cook for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
Special Notes: this is also a great way to use leftovers from the Sockarooni Bolognese Sauce.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.