I have always loved blueberry muffins since I was a kid and My Mom made them whenever we had my friends sleepover. Such fond memories of eating them still warm from the oven!
You could use frozen blueberries in this recipe as well, but if you are lucky enough to find fresh that's the way I'd go! There's something amazing when you bite into a muffin and the blueberries burst with juicy goodness... it's just hard to resist!
I decided to do a few things differently with this recipe. I've seen recipes using different types of oils that add no flavor to the muffins... so, I opted to use olive oil which does add a layer of flavor that complements the lemon zest and the blueberries beautifully.
Then, I thought... why not toss in white chocolate chips? I prefer the Ghirardelli White Chocolate chips when I bake and they added another twist to the overall flavor in these muffins. Definitely the right choice to add them in... I don't think milk or semi-sweet chips would complement these muffins as nicely though.
These muffins are perfect for a brunch or a weekend breakfast treat... or if you want you can enjoy one during that afternoon slump when you need a pick-me-up!
Here are some more fabulous muffin recipes that you will want to add to your baking list!
I made these fun Chocolate Chip Muffins awhile back and they are likely to make another appearance very soon!
Renee's Kitchen Adventures has some amazing Lightened Up Apple Pie Muffins that are like eating dessert for breakfast!
For those looking for gluten-free options, check out Baking and Boys and her Gluten Free Banana Muffins or her Pecan Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins - it'll be hard to decide between these recipes!
For a healthy twist on a traditional muffin, check out The Foodhunter's Guide's recipe for Lemon Chickpea Muffins.
For your next bake sale, add some flare by bringing Pina Colada Muffins courtesy of Flamingo Musings!
Oh, and don't miss these Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins from Sweetnicks, they sound like an indulgent way to start any day!
Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Mix together olive oil, milk, egg and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and brown sugar.
- Once combined, add the blueberries and white chocolate chips to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the flour mixture and fold until just moistened and no bits of flour are left dry.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly with the batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.