Don't forget to enter for a chance to win $20 in Gift Cards to Carvel Ice Cream on my earlier post HERE.
Today, I'm sharing a topping for your ice cream that you won't be able to resist!
Summertime is the ideal time to take advantage of the juicy, red strawberries that are still abundant! By cooking them down with sugar and vanilla bean paste, you will have a topping for your ice cream that you won't be able to resist!
This topping would also be lovely on top of French Toast or even pancakes... or Funnel Cakes!
To give you an idea of how good this topping is... My Oldest proceeded to keep adding it to his ice cream dish AFTER the ice cream was gone. It will keep nicely in the fridge for about 2-3 weeks, but I would recommend warming it in the microwave before using so that it loosens up a bit before you drizzle on top of your ice cream, pancakes or funnel cakes.
Strawberry Vanilla Sauce
Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks (if it lasts that long!).Ingredients
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- Prepare the strawberries by cleaning and removing the stems. Place in a food processor and process until pureed.
- Add strawberries and sugar to a large pot and stir. Bring to a brisk boil, once they begin to foam up, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.