I've seen so many s'mores dessert recipes that I just had to make my own version to share at a 4th of July BBQ we went to at our neighbor's house.
What I came up with was a dressed up chocolate cake. You can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe and make it in two 9-inch round cake pans so that you can have the s'mores layer that truly makes this cake special.
The frosting is a combination of cream cheese, nutella, marshmallow fluff and butter... so, let's just not think about the calorie count on this one... ok? It's about indulging when you taste this cake, so you have to go 'all in' if you are going to go at all.
So, next time you are headed to a BBQ or just want to share a really indulgent dessert, dress up your favorite chocolate cake with this frosting!
Nutella S'mores Chocolate Frosting (with instructions to assemble cake)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Nutella (hazelnut spread)
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Combine powdered sugar, Nutella, marshmallow fluff, cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and blend until creamy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Frost the top of the bottom layer of the cake and then sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the top of the frosting.
- Place second layer of cake on top of the graham cracker covered frosting layer. Frost the rest of the cake with an offset spatula and make sure it is spread evenly on all sides of the cake.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.