When I went out for my weekly shopping, I picked up my "usual" meal ideas... seems I've gotten into a rut lately, and so have My Boys because I do allow them to each choose one meal for the coming week. Those choices keep repeating, which is fine but that means I need to switch it up on the other nights so that we keep trying new things.
Sunday after a day at our local pool, My Husband decided to make a trip to the grocery store to pick up clams and scallops. I'm never one to discourage him when he gets an idea about something he really wants for dinner.
Today, I'm going to share the clams... the scallops will be on an upcoming post, and you will want to come on back to check those out, too!
Luckily, My Husband also picked up a nice loaf of bread because this sauce is something you'll want to dip into once the clams are finished.
It's a simple sauce to go with a simple preparation of clams... they are so much easier than you'd think to prepare (or maybe I'm the only one who thought they'd be more difficult!)... grill them over medium-high heat until the pop open... seriously, it's that easy!
I drizzled the sauce over the clams once they were all off the grill, and we were more than happy to dig in and enjoy!
Grilled Clams with Garlic Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds clams, well scrubbed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it begins to foam. Add the garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil, then simmer for another 8 minutes - until reduced.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high heat and add clams to the grill. Do not turn the clams while cooking. Close the top and recheck after about 7-8 minutes - if any clams are opened, remove from grill to prevent the shells from getting burned through. Allow the rest to cook until they fully open.
- Drizzle garlic butter over the top and serve.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.