As the season winds down (our boys play-off games start right after Memorial Day), I've been able to find an afternoon here and there for them to have friends come over and hang out. In case you didn't know, at around 9-10 years old we aren't allowed to call them play dates anymore. It's just not cool... but, it's apparently still ok for mom to coordinate them and make them happen. They are growing up, but they still want me to take care of a good number of things for them.
These cookies have become a go-to recipe when I want to bake, but can't decide upon a new recipe. I first found them on Pinterest about a year ago and shared them HERE. I've tinkered with the recipe in different ways with pretty good results, but today I was in the mood to keep it relatively simple.
I made a couple of changes based on my experience with the recipe this past year. I increased the flour a smidge and used slightly less chips because I was using a combination of mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
The basic recipe goes together beautifully, but I do recommend letting the butter cool a few minutes before beginning to cream together the sugars with the cream cheese and melted butter. I've rushed it and it results in a decent cookie, but the texture is a bit off.
My Oldest and his friend really loved these cookies and I've decided that I'll be sending home a plate of them with him today. Because they are so tasty, I'm only keeping enough for My Boys to enjoy for the next couple of days... and the rest is being shared with a couple of neighbors. Let's face it, I LOVE to bake, but I can't eat these treats all the time (I'd love to, but...).
There are benefits (for the neighbors) when I have an afternoon free to bake!
I've added a "print it" button to my posts, so now it is really easy to print off a recipe when you want to try one at home! I hope you do try some of my recipes, and be sure to come back and tell me how you liked them!
Cream Cheese Cookies
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (do not use reduced fat cream cheese!)
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, melted butter and sugars until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (there will be some dry streaks in the dough).
- Add the mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon size cookie scoop (or you can measure and roll in your hands) drop the dough on to prepared baking sheets. These cookies do not spread, so they only need to be about 1 inch apart. Flatten each cookie with your thumb.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes - the edges will be lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5-7 minutes.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.