Comment #6 - Congratulations, Nicole! Please send me your mailing information so that we can get that prize pack sent out right away! pkfamilyfriendsandfood (at) gmail (dot) com
I love a mix of snacks when it comes to game day munchies... hot and cold appetizers to grab and nibble as the game plays on and hanging with friends is a great time to bring out something new to try.
Kellogg's has teamed up with former NFL running back LaDainian Tomlinson and his wife Torsha to come up with some new game day snacks which they share on the Snackpicks website. A great mix of savory to sweet to add to your spread on Sunday.
I made the Cheez-It Bayou Blitz Mix but made a few modifications - that's what I love about snack mixes like this, they work well with different add-ins based on what you and your family prefer.
A fun and crunchy mix of Crispix cereal, Cheez-its and almonds... all tossed with some seasonings and melted butter. Doesn't get easier than this! You can even make it ahead of time to keep things easy on Sunday!
I let the family try it out last weekend, and it's a nibble you can't stop grabbing! So, if you don't want to eat the whole bowl yourself, make it on Sunday and share with friends while you watch the big game!
LaDainian and Torsha are also sharing some tips to make planning what you'll make for the big day - check out there tips:
- Advance the ball: As guests arrive, start with dry mixes to prime their beverage selection. Move on to refrigerated dips when all "players" are on the field - this way the dip doesn't sit out too long and everyone gets their fair share.
- Go no-huddle: Set up the beverages along the sidelines of the room to avoid a buildup around the drink cooler.
- Prevent pile-ups: Divvy up each appetizer on the line of scrimmage with several separate bowls and place them in different areas around the house.
- Keep a clear field: Place messier dips over hardwood floors and easy-to-clean areas to avoid dripping on the carpets and couches – a major penalty.
- Call audibles: As quarterback of the party, don’t be afraid to switch up your strategy on game day to keep the partygoers happy.
Doesn't get easier than that!
Now, I know you want to hear more about the giveaway!
One lucky winner will receive:
- LaDainian Tomlinson autographed football
- 1 box of Crispix cereal
- 1 box of Cheez-it snacks
- Cheez-it snack bowl
- Cheez-it jersey
- cutting board with vintage Kellogg's artwork on it
Here's the details:
- Leave a comment sharing what your favorite game day food. Make sure you leave an email or contact information in case you win!
- For an additional entry, tweet the giveaway and leave an ADDITIONAL comment with the link to the tweet.
- Only open to U.S. residents.
Note: I was offered this giveaway from the folks at Keebler, and did not receive any compensation for this post. I did receive the snack pack that will also be given away. All opinions are my own.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.