Super easy to make, these cookies will be a repeat in our house! If you store them in a sealed container, they will stay chewy for several days... if they last that long.
All of the boys (including My Husband) enjoyed these cookies. I liked that they had slightly crisp edges with a chewy center... that's a satisfying cookie. Get my sweet fix with one cookie - although it is hard to stop at just one.
Chewy Brownie Cookies
Source: Crisco- Cookies for a Year of Celebrations
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco all-vegetable shortening or 2/3 Crisco stick
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place sheets of aluminum foil on countertop for cooling the cookies.
- Place brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well blended. Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed until just blended. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set (mine took about 10 minutes to reach this point). Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.