After some sort of milder weather the last part of the week, we really didn't expect when we woke up on Sunday morning that the streets would be an ice rink! I knew we were going to get a day of rain, but didn't really figure it would be freezing rain when we woke up. So, plans were cancelled that morning and we ended up with a day at home. Snow won't keep us home so much anymore, but ice... that's a whole other story!
After having a day of lounging around watching Grimm and a bunch of Shark Tank episodes... I think I was ready to get busy today. Thank goodness, for a bonus day off from work this week! Food shopping got done, I did a little baking (which means I have something to share here!) and have a good plan for the week's meals. If only I could have every Monday off, I think I would be so much more prepared for each week.
Don't those mini slices of Cinnamon Banana Bread look moist and delicious? They are a bit of sweet heaven to have on hand. Making them as mini loaves is nice because it helps with portion control, but also you can freeze each one and pull them out as needed. My Oldest loves having one for breakfast each day and sometimes will take one in his lunch.
I made a batch of these last week, and tweaked the recipe a little bit more today... so, now I've got a recipe to share here... it's been kind of quiet due to a few recipes that I'm still working on to make sure they are 'just right' before sharing and revisiting a lot of old favorites. It's the time of year for comfort food, know what I mean?
Mini Cinnamon Banana Bread Loaves
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 8 mini loaf pans (I have a pan that has 8 two-inch loaves - like a muffin pan) by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, vanilla, applesauce and egg ina bowl and thoroughly mix together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and gently fold into ensure that it is just combined. There should be no dry streaks of flour in the mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly between all 8 loaf pans - filling just about half way.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the top of the loaves are browned and spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.