It's been beyond cold here - colder than I ever remember winter being in all the time I've lived in New Jersey... seems much of the country is experiencing unusually cold temperatures these days. Which has me counting down to spring and warmer days that will allow us to eat dinner outside again.
Until then, it's comfort food which often includes pasta on nights when I just don't have the motivation to cook something involved. Tonight was one of those nights. Long week already... isn't Friday here yet? So, comfort food in the form of cheesy baked ravioli was on the menu.
I knew we'd have a night like this so, I had picked up some of fresh 4 cheese ravioli when I did my weekly shopping. It pays to have a simple meal planned for the one night you get home and that's the only thing that will do.
It's almost a crime to write this up as a recipe because it's 3 simple ingredients and I bet you have at least two of them in your fridge and pantry! I think My Oldest will be able to make this next time around because it's simple enough for a beginning cook to put together.
What's your favorite winter comfort food?
Baked Cheesy Ravioli
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of 4 cheese ravioli (I used Bertolli)
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (I used Classico Smooth & Rich Meat Sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare ravioli according to package instructions, drain in colander.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of the dish, then add a single layer of ravioli; followed by mozzarella. Continue to layer in this order until the final layer of ravioli is added - this layer should first be topped by the remaining sauce and covered with the last of the mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.