Chocolate Chocolate Chip Drop CookiesSource: The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon (for sprinkling)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 cup of regular sized chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until smooth (about 3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add in the chocolate chips and stir in to combine.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (I used a tablespoon sized cookie scoop) on to parchment lined baking sheets. Leave a couple of inches in between each cookie to allow for expansion.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place cookie sheets in refrigerator for 20 minutes (I didn't have room in my fridge, so I put them in the freezer for 10 minutes).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 mintues then, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies (I got closer to 4 dozen cookies).
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.