- No egg shells to peel
- Perfectly cooked
- Dishwasher safe
- The flat side of the egg would lend itself well to certain types of food presentations... perhaps your deviled eggs would sit nicely without needing a special dish
- Too many pieces - 4 pieces for each Eggie to wash, assemble and store
- Hard to be certain that each piece is tightened enough to ensure no "leakage" of eggs
- Takes as much time as regular hard boiled eggs - not really any faster, even though the packaging says they are "quick" to prepare
- If you like your hard boiled eggs to look like eggs, then you won't like that these have a "flat" side to them.
I don't see the need for another one use item in my kitchen. It's just as easy to prepare traditional hard boiled eggs without all the pieces to keep track of and assemble. The fact that they are dishwasher safe is great - but they are small, so you would need to put them in one of those dishwasher baskets people use for baby bottle parts. I'll be packaging these up and returning them to Target this weekend.
If you really can't stand peeling eggs, then I'd say go ahead and purchase these little Eggies for $9.99 and enjoy. Otherwise, skip them.
Note: This review is based on a personal purchase, no company asked me to review this product. All opinions are my own.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.