I was happy to finally get a partially used package of frozen blueberries out of my freezer. Do you ever open a bag of frozen fruit to make smoothies or something, then it gets buried in the depths of the freezer to never be found until the "protective ice coating" has taken over and made it unrecognizable? That happens when you have a seriously well-stocked freezer, and never really "cook it down"... which is what has been happeing ever-so-slowly around here the last month or two.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3-4 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (not defrosted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 4 six-inch mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Then, add the egg and beat well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the mashed banana, buttermilk and orange rind to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. Then add the blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour an equal amount of batter into each loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean and the top will spring back when gently touched.
Love banana breads? Then check out these other recipes I've made:
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.