They deflated a wee bit between the time I took them out of the oven and when I got my camera ready to go... a little better planning would've helped! I think they still look pretty amazing and was so ready to dig into them.
Creamy and satisfying, you could definitely add different spices or flavors to amp these breakfast beauties up a bit. I love using the ramekins to have these pre-portioned out because it would be so easy to go back for more if this was made in a larger baking dish. You could definitely do that, but I think I'll stick with my "minis".
I had wrapped the extra one up and put it in the fridge thinking I could have it for breakfast tomorrow... but, when lunch time came and My Oldest was rummaging for something more interesting than a sandwich he pulled it out. Next thing I know, I have a request from him that I make these for breakfast every morning. Thankfully, these can be made ahead of time and they reheat nicely in the microwave... so, I can certainly accomodate that request.
Mini Ham and Cheese Stratas
Makes 2 servings, but could easily be doubled to make 4
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup deli ham, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp chedder cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using two 8 ounce ramekins, divide the cubed bread between them.
- Add the diced ham, then the diced cheese - split betwee each of the ramekins
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, dill and garlic salt. Pour an equal amount into each ramekin.
- Place the filled ramekins on a baking sheet, then bake for 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
Please note that all photos and content belong
to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.