This has to be the best creation to come out of my ice cream maker so far! The result was a decadent and oh-so-creamy gelato that has my family begging for me to make more gelato... just forget that the temperatures are starting to dip outside... a creamy, dessert like this is a perfect end to any meal.
Check it out... if you have an ice cream maker, gelato is not too far away from your ice cream bowls... you simply must make this gelato!
Source: Join Us Pull Up a Chair via Biking and Baking
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teasoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, cream and 1/2 cup of the sugar over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg yolks and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until the eggs have become thick and pale yellow.
- Pour 1/2 cup of warm milk into the whipped eggs. Stir and then add the mixture back to the saucepan. Cook over very low heat; stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the vanilla, Nutella and salt until it is completely dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a bowl with a spout. Chill until the mixture becomes completely cooled, then pour into your ice cream maker. Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker to churn and freeze the gelato.
- Freeze until the mixture firms up.