Total loss since January = 6 pounds. Overall, I'm happy that the number is going down... even if it's not as fast as I'd like it to be. So, with the start of March I've gotten back to my running workouts and already feeling much better as a result! I'm also packing healthy lunches and snacks to take with me to work so I can stay on track all day long.
This week, we are also sharing our "required reading" suggestions. The go-to sources of inspiration and information that help us stick to our goals.
- Shape Magazine - love the successs stories because they are so inspiring to read and their tips are things everyone can incorporate into their lives.
- Fitness Magazine - a great source for different exercise moves and healthy eating ideas.
- Cooking Light - my go-to source for healthy recipes that are easy to make and full of flavor.
- Weight Watchers on-line message boards - I don't post a lot there, but I get a lot of great tips on the new plan. The on-line community is a wealth of information on the plan and suggesting new healthy foods to try.
- I have several favorite cookbooks that help me figure out great meals that will satisfy - even with lower calories or fat: The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life, Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes: Easy Recipes in 15, 20, and 30 Minutes, Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes, Secrets of a Skinny Chef: 100 Decadent, Guilt-Free Recipes, and Weight Watchers Eat! Move! Play!: A Parent's Guide for Raising Healthy, Happy Kids (Weight Watchers (Wiley Publishing)). All of these cookbooks provide nutrition information with the recipes and tips for incorporating healthier eating into your everyday life. It's all about making a lifestyle change and not being on a diet "forever".
Check out the required reading for the other Eat.Live.Be. bloggers:
- Sarah - Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Cate - Sweetnicks
- Maris - In Good Taste
- Chris - Mele Cotte
- Faith - Blog Appetit
- Kristen - Dine & Dish
- Emily - Three Boys and a Little Lady
- Jenna - FireMom
- Joanne - Eats Well With Others
- Casey - The Starnes Family
- Tri-Fit Mom -Trying to be Fit Mom
- Claire - Cooking is Medicine
- Allison - Sweet Flours
- Jen - NJ Epicurean
- Leslie - The Hungry Housewife
- Rivki - Healthy Eating for Ordinary People
- Jennifer - Lick-a-Plate
- Sarah - A Spoonful of Sugar
- Denise & Lenny - Chez Us