This is my third month participating in the CL Virtual Supper Club and it was my turn to select the theme. I chose picnic/BBQ with both Canada Day and 4th of July being a perfect time to enjoy these recipes! It was also the same theme chosen when the group was first formed just 1 year ago! Be sure to read to the end as there is a fabulous giveaway sponsored by Cooking Light.
Since I had the main dish choice this month I wanted to select something that would have flavor and yet could travel well if you were going on a picnic. When I found the Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe it appealed to me with all of the fresh, summery flavors involved - from the pesto to the fresh squeezed lemon juice that was added to it.
Now, for the big news! Cooking Light has generously offered to sponsor a giveaway of their cookbook, Cooking Light - Cooking Through the Seasons!
I bet you are wondering how you can win this fantastic cookbook, right? Here are the rules:
- Sorry, but the giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
- Visit Cooking Light's website (HERE) and select a recipe that would be perfect for the Picnic/BBQ theme this month. Then, leave a comment with a link to the recipe you've selected.
- Make sure you leave your contact information or blog so that we can let you know that you won!
- For extra entries, visit each of our blogs and leave a comment!
- All entries must be made by July 14th!
My recipe can be found at Cooking Light - Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
Jamie at Mom's Cooking Club made Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese Dressing.
Sandi of Whistlestop Cafe made Potato Salad.
Shelby of Grumpy's Honeybunch made Blackberrry Limeade or Honey Chipotle Baked Beans.
Val of More than Burnt Toast made Rum Spiked Grilled Pineapple topped with Salted Caramel Ice Cream.
Cookbook photo courtesy of Cooking Light.
Please note that all photos and content belong to Patsy Kreitman, unless otherwise noted. If you want to use something please ask first.