After teasing my faithful readers a couple of times, I'm finally able to share the recipe for Cranberry Muffins! Last time, I just wasn't happy with the level of sweetness in them so I included mashed overripe bananas this time. I like how the bananas add moisture and sweetness to quickbreads and muffins. Even with my various changes, they are not overly sweet.
|From Family, Friends and Food|
My Oldest, who adores all muffins and quickbreads, enjoyed these with a bit of butter. He's not a huge fan of tart cranberries, so the butter took these muffins to "thumb's up" status. He's already asked if he could have one for breakfast in the morning.
Looking for more quick breakfast ideas? Then, you may want to visit these blogs:
Annie's Eats made Chocolate Chip Muffins which may not be healthy, but I'm sure they would make My Oldest very happy in the morning.
Christy's Kitchen Creations shared a Lemon Oatmeal Poppyseed Muffin that has a glaze on it and would be a sweet way to begin the day.
My friend, Lori, at RecipeGirl made a Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread that not only looks good, but is healthier with her addition of whole wheat flour. Another excuse to use those amazing chips!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen, but not defrosted)
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons POM juice (start w/1 tablespoon, if batter is too dry add a 2nd one)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or you can use the muffin papers to line them. Combine flour through salt, and whisk together. Add cranberries and toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine bananas through egg - mixing to combine thoroughly.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir until completely moistened. Careful not to overmix.
- Fill prepared tin with batter - each cup should be filled about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.